Development Graduate - Leeds
CEG started its journey in 1989 and has offices in London, Leeds and Cornwall.
The CEG team have worked on a huge range of properties, with a variety of people. From office and residential, to retail, industrial and mixed-use sectors. On our development projects we have built lasting relationships with local authorities, landowners, MPs and communities. For our investments, we have done the same with banks, investors, professional advisors and occupiers.
CEG is one of the biggest suppliers of land to the housebuilding industry. Successful candidate/s will get involved in all aspects of strategic land from the inception of a land/site opportunity through to completion, sale and/or retaining the asset for CEG. Technical planning skills in managing planning applications, negotiating and monitoring ‘deliverable’ S106 agreements and planning conditions is an important responsibility within the business.
The objective is to work with the Northern Development Team to progress a significant land portfolio through the planning process by successful promotion.
This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of a small and very active strategic land team and to play a key role in managing your own projects and in supporting the Norther Development Team regional heads to complete their tasks in delivering projects to time and budget.
You will be involved in all aspects of the business and responsibility will be given to you from the outset. You will also be given the support to study towards a recognised industry qualification (RICS/RTPI) if required.
The successful candidate/s will work alongside Senior Managers and will be expected to undertake the duties listed below:
- Work with the development team to identify and source new opportunities
- Proactively manage and investigate general enquiries from landowners/ agents
- Develop and maintain relationships with agents in order to source new opportunities
- Support with due diligence for acquisitions and sales
- Negotiating and monitoring ‘deliverable’ S106 agreements and planning conditions
- Wide range of financial analysis and an understanding of development costs
- Appointing and briefing consultants
- Assisting with the production of investor reports
- Liaising with landowners and local authorities
- Undertaking financial analysis
- Generally, represent CEG as a strong presence in the property market, promoting them as an active and professional developer with a long term commitment
- Working closely with the Senior Managers and Directors
- Working closely with the internal teams and other third party stakeholders
Key skills required
- Good IT skills, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to communicate well, orally, numerically and written
- Workflow management i.e. effective organisational and time management skills and ability to prioritise
- Comfortable with numbers
- Must be able to travel
- Personable – willingness to understand and meet the needs of the communities we work in, stakeholders and consultants in order to build and maintain long-lasting positive relationships
- Team Working – a willingness to ‘muck in’ and work co-operatively with others, quickly builds the trust of others; builds rapport and relationships
Communication and Influence – communicates effectively both verbally and in writing, with a passion for development
- Personal Management – prioritises tasks effectively in order to deliver to agreed deadlines, keeping others informed and manage your own time effectively, including timekeeping
- Commitment to Excellence – CEG prides itself on providing first class outcomes, we require someone who uses their initiative, adapts positively to change and is proactive in finding solutions to issues. Focuses on delivering quality work at all times
The ideal candidate/s must have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of the UK planning system
- Can demonstrate interest and understanding of the commercial aspects of the development industry
- Academic or practical experience in development appraisals
- Enthusiasm to participate in the full development cycle
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to continually reflect on performance and identify key learning outcomes and areas for improvement
- Can demonstrate market and commercial awareness
- Willingness and interest in legal agreements
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the sector
- Driven and motivated to achieve results
- Ability to work autonomously and independently from the rest of the team.
Candidate/s will need to have the following:
- Property/planning related degree or master’s degree and or a geography degree and desire to work towards professional qualification (MRICS or MRTPI)
CEG core values
Ability to demonstrate, understanding and apply CEGs core values. These are embedded in all our roles and you must be able to evidence your values as part of the application process.
Committed – we are always committed to our customers and the delivery of results. We stay involved and are interested in all of our developments. You are committed to delivery results and doing the best for our customers. I am committed to my role at CEG.
Responsibility – We always act responsibly. We consider our customers, colleagues, the local community and the environment. I am wholly responsible for my role and will always act responsibly. I do not blame others and always will be responsible for my actions.
Resilience – We are in it for the long run. We continually evolve and innovate; adapting to the market and customer needs. We don’t give up but can change direction when things are not working out. I am happy with a change of direction in my role and enjoy a challenge.
Determined – We are determined to continuously improve. We show persistence to deliver results for our customers, communities, colleagues and investors. I am determined to deliver results and continuously improve. I understand the importance of our customers in achieving those results.
How to apply
For further information or to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.