Office Manager - Leeds
You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the Leeds office on a day to day basis; management of the administrative support team and providing a first-class professional support to the Strategic Development team.
Reports to – Head of Strategic Development (North)
- Day to day management of the administration team, including arranging cover, authorising holidays etc.
- Ensure that office equipment is maintained, relevant records are up to date and that all administration processes work effectively.
- Record office expenditure and manage the office budget in conjunction with Purchasing office supplies and maintaining proper stock levels.
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients.
- Organising events i.e. “spotlights”, social activities etc.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office.
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/office administrative systems.
- New employee orientation including organising induction programmes.
- Responsible for H & S and ensure that H & S policies are up to date and are observed.
- Assisting the HR Manager on any HR related matters as appropriate.
- Liaise with the building management over any property related issues.
- Monitoring staff travel habits and promoting / encouraging greener travel.
- Manage the external meeting room costs / usage.
- Effective diary and travel management for the Strategic Development team including meetings, accommodation, teleconferences, site visits, events etc.
- Works closely and effectively with the team to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities well in advance and follows up appropriately.
- Preparing and editing correspondence, presentations, reports and other documentation.
- Maintain up to date files of all correspondence and other documents, including archiving and retrieving documents as necessary, including electronic filing.
- Provide cover for the secretarial team and reception as and when required.
- Work closely with the Team Assistants to ensure cover is provided for the wider office team.
- Arrange and attend Community consultations.
Key skills / Experience required
- Proven experience of office management is essential.
- Diary management experience.
- Problem solving skills, initiative and adaptability.
- Must have experience of working as part of a team.
- Ability to produce accurate and correctly presented documentation.
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to interpret and manipulate data in a logical manner.
- Reliability and discretion: you will often learn of confidential matters.
- Strong organisational and planning skills are important for this role as is the ability to juggle workloads, multi-task, prioritise and be flexible while meeting deadlines.
- Health and Safety awareness.
- Communication and Influence – communicates effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Personal Management – prioritises tasks effectively in order to deliver to agreed deadlines, keeping others informed and manage your own time effectively, including timekeeping.
- Commitment to Excellence – use your initiative, adapts positively to change and is proactive in solving problems.
- External relationships – understands and meets the needs of external clients and communicates effectively in order to build and maintain positive relationships. Act as an ambassador for CEG at all times.
- Commercial Awareness – demonstrates an awareness and understanding for the efficient and cost effectiveness in all decisions and dealings.
- Internal Relationships and Team Working – works collaboratively with others and values all working relationships in order to build and maintain positive relationships.
CEG core values
Ability to demonstrate, understanding and apply CEGs core values. These are embedded in all our roles and you must be able to evidence your values as part of the application process.
Committed – we are always committed to our customers and the delivery of results. We stay involved and are interested in all of our developments. You are committed to delivery results and doing the best for our customers. I am committed to my role at CEG.
Responsibility – We always act responsibly. We consider our customers, colleagues, the local community and the environment. I am wholly responsible for my role and will always act responsibly. I do not blame others and always will be responsible for my actions.
Resilience – We are in it for the long run. We continually evolve and innovate; adapting to the market and customer needs. We don’t give up but can change direction when things are not working out. I am happy with a change of direction in my role and enjoy a challenge.
Determined – We are determined to continuously improve. We show persistence to deliver results for our customers, communities, colleagues and investors. I am determined to deliver results and continuously improve. I understand the importance of our customers in achieving those results.
Hours of work
Core hours are 09.00 – 17.30, flexibility is a requirement of this role.
How to apply
For further information or to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.